- Reservations & Camp Manager (April - December 2017)
- Kitesurf Station Manager (April - October 2017)
- VDWS Kite & SUP Instructor (June - September 2017)
Reservations & Camp manager
The Ocean Spirits reservations & camp manager makes sure that our guests have the best holiday experience possible from the moment they send the enquiry per email until they head back to the real world with a big smile on their face. In order to do this successfully you need to be very flexible, organized, sales oriented & service minded. It’s a fantastic opportunity to grow your management experience & gain experience in the water sports world.
Manage a Kite/Surf/SUP camp with everything that comes with this responsibility
Manage bookings, enquiries and any ad-hoc challenges at the camp
Creating and handling customer invoices
Use different software or online solutions
Manage & motivate staff at the camp
Implement new initiatives and best practices as instructed by management
Maintain and continue to strengthen the bond with the local community, local partners and our guests from around the world
Perfect English (native speaker or equally good)
Kite surfing & surfing are your passion (if you don´t tick both boxes looking seriously good on the beach might do the job as well)
You have already done one or few seasons working in tourism
You have workflow, precision and attention to detail
Office management & organization is one of your key strength
You are familiar with Excel spreadsheets and Google docs
You have great organizational skills and an outgoing personality
You are a successful team leader &/or have managed more then one other staff
You are robust under pressure & very good in multitasking
Speaks German &/or Portuguese + additional Language/s
Worked or lived abroad
Social media marketing experience
Dates of employment 2017:
April – December 2017 (potentially longer)
Please send your application with cover letter, curriculum vitae, VDWS ID scan, proof of work, certificates, picture (s) to email@example.com.
VDWS Kite & SUP instructor (from now to Sept.)
- Highly customer-oriented, reliable, solution-oriented and competent
- Kiteinstructor is a real job for you and not a vacation
- Valid VDWS license and 100+ hours of training (except interns)
- Current first aid and rescue swimmer training (as required by VDWS)
- Teaching skills in German and English (other languages – especially French and Spanish – are a plus, but not a must.
- Waveboard or foil experience in teaching is a plus, but not a must.
- Other qualifications, sports trainer, photographer, video, blogger, social media, bar or gastro, kite repair are a plus, but not a must.
What we offer:
We are looking forward to your application!
- Southwest Portugal – a paradise for extreme sports (kiting, SUP, surfing, skydiving, climbing, mountain biking, etc)
- Good working environment – very high level of Kitesurf instruction – a real internship
- Great shallow water and flat water
- Highly motivated and first class customers
- Work in a great team at a fantastic place
- Industry standard payment
- Accommodation in Kite / Surf / SUP camp
Please send your application with cover letter, curriculum vitae, VDWS ID scan, proof of work, certificates, picture (s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.